Restaurant Wi-Fi Deployment Considerations:
This guideline provides insight into Wi-Fi deployment considerations for your Restaurant environment to allow customers to access the Internet using their laptops, tablets or smartphones.
• Planning – Conduct a Wireless assessment to determine the best location for your wireless access points.
• Deployment: Deploy the wireless solution.
• Testing and Optimization: Test and optimize.
Wi-Fi deployment involves a three-step approach:
1. Identify the WLAN design that’s best for your situation (refer to the wireless assessment report).
2. Choose a best-of-breed wireless solution set.
3. Install, configure, secure, test and optimize.
Benefits of Wireless Installation in your Restaurant environment:
1. Restaurants are faced with an increasing demand for guest connectivity throughout the entire premises.
2. Provide a valuable service to your customers: offering internet access will give you the opportunity to increase your client base.
3. Giving Users the access they want will increase “stickiness” in your business.
4. Increase your company profile with your social login and win new customers.
5. Advertise Your Business with your own Wi-Fi Start Page and customise the login page with your company branding.
Wi-Fi Management Options: Cloud-based Management offers a better solution than on-premise management:
• Manage all of your access points and locations from one management location, simplifying overall management of your Wi-Fi system.
• You have the option of outsourcing your Cloud Management to a managed service provider like MSPStream if you don’t have the technical expertise to provide this type of service.
• Frees you to focus primarily on growing your restaurant business.
Considerations for a High-Performance Wi-Fi Network:
1. User Optimization – Deploy an access management system that ensures easy guest and BYOD onboarding with seamless security.
2. Application Optimization – Enable effective control of application to ensure predictable performance when the network is under heavy load.
3. Device Optimization – Classify and manage devices by type, to address their unique characteristics. The Wi-Fi network should account for device type when managing roaming and proactively roam sticky clients.
4. Spectrum Optimization – Maximise the usage of limited RF spectrum available to Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz: Basic performance – 3 channels, 5.0 GHz: Best Performance – 21 channels).
5. Capacity Utilization – Deploy the necessary amount of wireless capacity to meet user requirements.
About MSPStream Technologies:
MSPStream is a Managed Service Provider focused on Wireless and Advanced Networking Solutions, MSPStream has partnered with Xirrus to deploy best-of-breed high-performance Wi-Fi solutions for our clients.
Contact us today about your Wi-Fi needs – http://www.mspstream.com, Phone 1-905-677-1300, 1-301-684-3559.
Ref – http.//www.wifi.xirrus.com/5-steps-to-a-killer-wifi/